With the current available web technologies and user friendly applications, it’s not difficult for a beginner to make a simple website or blog in order to generate an income online. There are several ways to design a professional website but WORDPRESS is the most popular method. The reason why I think WordPress is the best way to build a website is because it’s really easy to use for beginners, there are tons of helpful resources for WordPress online to learn from (ex. blogs, forums, YouTube videos, etc.), and the plugins feature in WordPress makes customization of a website very convenient. WordPress Plugins are technically an alternative to coding…you can easily customize and add many functionalities to your website using simple apps.
By following the simple 8 step guide I’ve provided below, you’ll be able to create professional content-based WordPress websites/blogs and launch it on the web within DAYS! If you prefer to hire a professional to design your first website or you need assistance with logos, graphics, videos, SEO, marketing and content writing for an affordable price then FIND A FREELANCER FOR ANY GIG YOU NEED HERE
Make a Simple Website in 8 Steps
1) Get a Domain and Web Hosting: To make a website, a domain name registration (ex. Companyname.com) and a web hosting service (A server where the website content is saved and managed) are required. The domain is renewed once a year and a web hosting service is a monthly plan. Register your Web Hosting with WP Engine and Get 4 months for FREE by using the coupon code wpe4free NOW!
2) Domain and Web Hosting Linking: If you register a domain and web hosting from two separate providers then you need to connect these services together. You’ll receive two name servers (ns1 and ns2) from web hosting company. Insert these name servers in the DNS section of domain registrar account. (Note: This step is not applicable if you register domain and hosting from the same provider).
3) WordPress Installation: WordPress is the easiest and most popular application to build a websites. You’ll receive an access link to CPanel (which is the configuration page for your website) from your hosting provider or you can access it by going to: yourdomain.com/cpanel. After signing in, go to the applications section and click on the WordPress icon to start the installation process. The steps for installation are straight forward.
4) Website Dashboard: After installing WordPress successfully, you’ll be able to login to the dashboard area of your website to start building it. You can access this dashboard area by going to: yourdomain.com/wp-admin.
5) Website Themes: When you login to the dashboard area, this is where all the magic happens. The first thing I recommend you to do is clicking on the change your theme button and find a suitable theme design for your website. You’ll find thousands of options so try one for now by clicking the activate button below the theme image and come back later to change it. Note: To have a better view of how the website looks, I recommend that you have some pages/posts published and Menu enabled so you can analyze the full theme functionality and settings.
6) Website Content: After selecting a theme, you can go to the pages section and start the content writing process. You can always save and come back later to update the content. If you decide to create a blog section, you should be publishing posts instead of pages in the posts section. Under the settings in the left side menu bar, you can find and update all settings related to home page selection, posts preferences, general website settings, etc. It’s a good idea to consider SEO keywords while writing your website pages or posts. Learn what kind of keywords to use for titles and where to find them?
7) WordPress Plugins: You’ll notice that regardless of what theme you select, there will always be some features missing. You will also need to add things to your website like social media icons, apps, widgets, etc. All of this can be done in the plugins section by simply searching for what you need to install it and activate it. Plugins are the most IMPORTANT thing in WordPress so make sure to spend extra time on searching what plugins are required to improve your website appearance and performance. YouTube has thousands of videos about WordPress plugins for you to view and learn from.
8) Indexing Website: Once a website design and content writing is complete, it’s time to get your website listed on the search engines (ex. Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) so people can find it. You need to verify and index your website with Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools. HOW TO LIST WEBSITE ON GOOGLE AND SEO BASICS